By: JEAN-PAUL BOURGEOIS
- 2 lbs peeled and defined shrimp
- 1/4 lb of butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaf
- cup off lour
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 quarts of shrimp stock
- 2 cup of sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 Salt and pepper to taste
- Tabasco pepper sauce
- In a sauce pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, red and green bell peppers, garlic, and bay leaves.
- Saute for 10 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
- Whisk in flour to create a white roux. Stir in tomato sauce and stock.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes stirring occasionally so mixture does not stick.
- After 45 minutes add shrimp, green onions, parsley and cook for an additional 15 minutes.