By: Chef JOSHNA MAHARAJ
- 1 cup butter, unsalted and softened
- 1 cup brown sugar,packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups spelt flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in vanilla, and eggs, one at a Time.
- In a medium bowl, combine the spelt flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix until combined, scraping down the bowl a couple ofttimes.
- Add oats and mix to combine, then add walnuts and chocolate chips, mixing to combine thoroughly.
- Scoop heaping teaspoonfuls of batter onto lined baking sheets, about 1” apart and flatten slightly with wet fingers.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until lightly golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool.