By: VERONICA SAYE
- 1.5oz toasted sunflower gin
- .75oz fin sherry
- .75oz flower power syrup
- .75oz lemon juice
- To make Flower Power syrup make a tea using 2 tbsp dried chamomile, 1 tbsp dried chrysanthemum, 1 tbsp whole apricot kernel, 6 honeysuckle stems and cups water. Reduce until 1-1.5 cups. Add equal parts sugar, and stir until dissolved, never letting it boil.
- Remove from heat, let cool, and store in a glass jar or bottle for up to 6 months.
- Many of the dried flowers can be hard to source (although they are all available at Herb’s Herbs) and this cocktail will still be delicious with a straight chamomile syrup. It is the same process but instead use 3 chamomile tea bags or 3 tbsp of dried chamomile.
- To make toasted sunflower seed gin, toast 1 cup sunflower seeds on a baking sheet at 350 for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Add 1 bottle London Dry gin (I use Beef eater) and still warm sunflower seeds to a glass bowl or jar. Let sit for 20 minutes, strain.
- Funnel back into bottle and store in your liquor cabinet, this has no expiry date.
- Shake all ingredients over ice until well chilled. Strain into a glass, garnish with a 2-5 drops of sugar flower seed oil.