By: VERONICA SAYE
- 1.5o z bourbon (I use Wild Turkey)
- 1.5o z amaretto
- 1.5o z angostura syrup
- 1oz lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- To make angostura syrup blend (with a blender or whisk) 1 part rich syrup and 1 part angostura bitters, depending on your desired amount.
- To make rich syrup heat 1 cup water in a pot, until right before boiling point. Add 2 cups white sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Do not let it come to a boils, as this can crystallize the sugar after cooking.
Remove from heat and let cool, store in a glass jar or bottle in the fridge for up to 6 months.
- This can be used for a multitude of cocktails, and is considered a staple ingredient in any home bar.
- Add egg white to a shaker tin first, ensuring no yolk is added to the tin.
Dry shake (without ice) all ingredients until egg whites are frothed (about 15 seconds).
- Add two large ice cubes and shake until there is a nice frost on the outside of the shaker tin (about 15 seconds).
- Strain into a rocks glass overnice. Garnish with 2-3 drops of angostura bitters.