By: TED CORRADO
- 280 g ground veal
- 280 g ground pork
- 10 g parsley (chopped)
- 10 g basil (chopped)
- 45 g bread crumbs
- 85 g milk
- 2 eggs
- 40 g grated parmigiano
- 5 g cracked black pepper
- 10 g salt or to taste
- Mix bread crumbs with milk and soak until really soft.
- Mix soaked bread mixture with eggs, salt, pepper, and herbs together.
- Then add to both ground meats and mix well.
- Let meatball mix rest in fridge for1 hour, shape into 65g balls.
- Drop meatballs into simmering tomato sauce, braise on medium simmer for 1.5-2 hours or until tender but still juicy.
Ingredients — Tomato Sauce
- 3 litres of canned tomatoes 500 ml of chicken stock or water 85 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 5 g chili flakes
- 3 cloves of garlic Pinch of black pepper Salt to taste
- Puree tomatoes and pass through a mill, removing only seeds.
- Add all ingredients to pot and bring to boil.
- Simmer 10 minutes and add meatballs to braise.