By: TED CORRADO
- 450 g russet potatoes
- 450 g ricotta
- 250 g all purpose flour
- 100 g grated parmigiano
- 6 egg yolks Salt to taste
- Boil the russets skin on until tender, remove from liquid and peel while still hot.
- Pass through ricer or mill until smooth. Season your potatoes with salt to taste.
- Incorporate ricotta into warm milled potatoes to get a smooth even consistency.
- Mix in egg yolks and parmigiano until smooth and incorporated.
- Lastly add flour and need to form a ball of dough. Once all the flour is incorporated dust the dough with flour and set aside to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested, working on a wood or marble surface, dusted your dough with flour as well as your working surface.
- Cut the dough into 6 equal pieces.
- Take one piece at a time and roll the dough into a long cylinder shape, approximately as thick as your thumb. Repeat this step until all the dough has been rolled out.
- Cut the dough cylinders into approximately 1 inch pieces and dust with flower to prevent sticking. You have made gnocchi!!!!
- Get a pot of salted water on to boil. Once the water is at a hard boil drop in your gnocchi. DO NOT STIR THE GNOCCHI.
- Once they float, give them 30 seconds to a minute and strain.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the gnocchi and toss, again to prevent them from sticking.
At this point you could and your favorite sauce, Bologna, brown butter or pesto. Or you can store them in your fridge up to 4 days.Please share, thank you!