By: SANJANA SHARMA
(Yield: 2 Cups)
- 1.5 tsp Loose-leaf black tea leaves.
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- 3 cardamom pods
- 3 cloves
- Thin slice of ginger
- 1 small cinnamon stick (optional)
- Heat one cup of water in a pot on medium heat.
(Just use the cup/mug you will drink the tea in!)
- Add tea leaves, sugar, cloves, and cinnamon stick to the pot. Lightly smash the ginger and cardamom pods in a mortar and pestle. Add them to the pot as well and give it swirl.
- Bring the tea and spices to a boil for a few minutes until the brew is fragrant and dark in color.
- Add one cup of milk to the pot.
- Let the tea brew for a few minutes until the color changes from a pale brown to a darker, rich brown and the tea is boiling. Once the tea is boiling, lower heat to a simmer for a few minutes to get all the beautiful flavors of the spices (Don’t rush this step!! If it does not change color after a few minutes, add some more tea leaves here).
- Once the color is dark brown, pour the tea over a strainer and serve!