By: Tyler Shedden
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & smashed
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp harissa paste or red chili flakes to taste
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 ½ cup dry uncooked brochette pasta
- 2 cups water
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan on medium heat.
- Add 2 smashed garlic cloves, stirring until it becomes very lightly browned.
- Stir in the tomato paste, salt, and harissa paste with garlic. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the chickpeas, pasta, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Stir occasionally to scrape any bits that stick to bottom of pan.
- Reduce heat to simmer until the pasta is cooked. Approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Check the seasoning.
For the Oil Infusion
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- Heat the 4 tablespoons olive oil in a small sauce pot on medium heat with remaining clove of garlic, chopped rosemary, a pinch of salt and pepper, until sizzling, then pull it off the heat.
Ladle the pasta and chickpea into bowls. Spoon the olive oil infusion over the top and grate some fresh Parmesan cheese to finish.Please share, thank you!