Hey there, foodie friends! We’re going to dig into a fantastic and comforting dish today, an ode to Mediterranean cuisine – a sublime Lemon Ricotta Pasta.
This is a go-to, quick-and-easy, crowd-pleaser meal for all seasons. It’s elegant enough for dinner parties yet straightforward enough to whip up for a weeknight dinner! I can’t wait to share this recipe with you!
We’re about to travel on a culinary adventure today that will tickle your taste buds, and illicit sighs of contentment from your dinner guests. Imagine a pasta dish that’s as light as a fluffy cloud on a Spring day, yet as pleasingly luscious as your ultimate comfort food.
Close your eyes and imagine the gentle, tangy kiss of fresh lemon, dancing a waltz with creamy, mellow ricotta. Each strand of pasta is slick with this heavenly union, shouting for your attention. Each bite is a crescendo of flavors, every mouthful a burst of sunshine.
Well, stop daydreaming folks, and let us bring that epicurean mirage to life!
Lemon Ricotta Pasta recipe
- Large pot for boiling pasta
- Colander for draining pasta
- Medium saucepan for heating ricotta sauce
- Wooden spoon for stirring sauce
- Grater for zesting lemon
- Juicer or citrus squeezer for extracting lemon juice
- Cutting board for chopping parsley
- Knife for cutting parsley
- 8 oz pasta of your choice such as spaghetti or linguine
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 lemons zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the zested lemon peel and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the ricotta cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Add the cooked pasta to the saucepan and toss until the pasta is well coated in the ricotta sauce.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
When you’ve followed through on this recipe, you end up with a delightful bowl of pasta teeming with the zest of lemon and creaminess of ricotta cheese. Subtle hints of garlic and a kick of spiciness from freshly cracked black pepper elevate this meal to gourmet status. This is a plate of pasta that you will be immensely proud to serve!
Can I use frozen ricotta cheese?
Yes, frozen ricotta cheese will work just fine. Just thaw it in the microwave before using.
Can I substitute lemon with lime?
Yes, lime will work as a substitute for lemon, but keep in mind that the flavor will be slightly different.
Can I add some protein to this dish?
Of course, you can add some grilled chicken or shrimp for added protein.
Can this dish be made vegan?
Yes, just replace the ricotta with a vegan substitute.
Can I use other types of pasta?
Absolutely! Spaghetti, Fusilli, or even Farfalle works great.
Can I add vegetables to it?
Sure, any veggies would be great. Try asparagus or peas for Spring, or zucchini in the Summer.
Alright foodie friends, let’s put on our aprons and cook up this bowl of sunshine! Your dinner scene is about to get a beautiful makeover. Happy cooking!
Your zesty, easy-to-make love affair awaits with our Lemon Ricotta Pasta Recipe. Get cooking now!Please share, thank you!