Ingredients (makes 18 servings):
- 2 1/4 c All-purpose flour
- 2/3 c Honey-crunch wheat germ
- 1/2 c Oats, uncooked
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 tb Baking powder
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Baking Soda
- 10 tb Light Corn Oil Spread (1-1/2 Sticks)
- 1 1/2 c Mashed Bananas, about 3 med
- 6 oz Can frozen apple-juice
- Concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 c Egg substitute, thawed
- 1/3 c Walnuts, chopped
- 1 ts Vanilla extract
(Start about 2 Hours before serving, or early in the day)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease 9×5″ loaf pan.
- In large bowl, mix first 7 ingredients.
- With pastry blender, cut in corn-oil spread until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in bananas, undiluted apple-juice concentrate, egg substitute, walnuts, and vanilla just until flour is moistened. Spoon batter into pan.
- Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of bread comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool slightly.
- Serve warm, or cool completely to serve later.