By: ED WONG
Makes approximately 2 litres. Requires ice cream machine.
- 1/2 litre whole milk (3.25%)
- 1/2 litre heavy cream (35%)
- 1 can (14oz.) condensed milk
- 6 tea bags black tea
- Mix whole milk, heavy cream and condensed milk together in a sauce-pan. Heat slowly until steaming. Do not let it come to boil. Turn off heat and add tea bags.
- Steep for 30 minutes (adjust time to suit your taste). Remove tea bags. If any tea bags break, strain mixture through a coffee filter to remove.
- Fill sink with ice and set sauce-pan into it in order to cool the mixture quickly. If you don’t have ice, simply use cold water. Once mixture is cooled to at least room temperature, store in refrigerator overnight (or 4 hours minimum).
- Freeze according to your ice cream machine’s directions.