Get ready to introduce your taste buds to a burst of tangy goodness, as today we’re making luscious, lemony, absolutely divine – you guessed it – Lemon Curd! This classic treat is a staple in many households, and for good reason.
Trust us; this homemade version is so finger-licking good and a breeze to make, you’ll be filling up your jars in no time.
Just envision the colour – that bright, cheerful, sunshiny yellow. Close your eyes to savour the citrusy scent – it’s invigorating, rejuvenating and just sings ‘summer’! Take a taste, let the creamy, luxurious texture caress your tongue, a splendid symphony of sweet and tangy. Heaven, isn’t it? And guess what, it’s all homemade!
So come on, let’s get zesty, and make your very own Lemon Curd.
Lemon Curd Recipe
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the lemon curd cool to room temperature.
- Once the lemon curd has cooled, transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Circumstances Where This Recipe Would Be Great:
This recipe is perfect for a variety of occasions, such as:
Breakfast or brunch: Spread the lemon curd on toast or use it as a filling for pancakes or waffles.
Dessert: Use the lemon curd as a topping for ice cream, cakes, or cupcakes.
Snack: Spread the lemon curd on crackers or use it as a dip for fruit.
From filling for pastries, a spread for scones, to a dollop on your yogurt or a simple spoonful for a quick treat — this Lemon Curd is scrumptious anytime, anywhere!
Can I use bottled lemon juice instead of fresh lemons?
Yes, you can, but fresh lemons will give the best flavor.
Can I add other flavors to the lemon curd?
Yes, you can try adding a splash of liqueur, such as limoncello, for a unique twist.
Can I make this recipe in advance?
Yes, you can make the lemon curd up to a week in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How long will it stay fresh?
Sealed properly and refrigerated, it will last for up to 2 weeks.