Are you ready to experience a true culinary delight that is the Lemon Yogurt Cheesecake? Brace your taste-buds for a smooth, creamy, and tangy journey, into the delectable world of homemade cheesecakes. This is not just a dessert, folks, it’s a transformer of mundane afternoons into ‘oh-so-awesome’ indulgence moments!!
This delightful dessert is the perfect combination of tangy lemon and creamy yogurt, all wrapped up in a buttery graham cracker crust. It’s sure to be a hit with your friends and family, and it’s easy to make too!
Let’s take a closer look at what makes this cheesecake so special. The lemon flavor is bold and citrusy, without being overpowering. It’s perfectly balanced by the creamy yogurt, which adds a rich and velvety texture. And the graham cracker crust provides a satisfying crunch that complements the creamy filling perfectly.
But don’t just take our word for it! Here’s what you can expect when you make this delicious Lemon Yogurt Cheesecake:
This delightful delicacy hails from American cuisine, but with a twist of the universally beloved lemon!
Imagine the joy of presenting this cheesecake at family gatherings, high-tea parties, or as a special treat for a loved one on a cozy night in.
Lemon Yogurt Cheesecake recipe
- 9-inch springform pan
- Mixing Bowls
- Electric mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Rubber spatula
- Baking sheet
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well combined.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the granulated sugar and beat until well combined.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and mint.
- Pour the filling over the prepared crust and smooth the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the filling is set and the edges are slightly puffed.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely in the pan before refrigerating for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the sides of the springform pan and transfer the cheesecake to a serving plate.
- Dust the top with confectioners’ sugar and serve with fresh mint leaves.
How to prevent the cheesecake from cracking?
Avoid opening the oven during baking to prevent cracks.
Can I use a different type of yogurt instead of plain yogurt?
Yes, you can use flavored yogurt, such as lemon or vanilla, for a different twist on the recipe.
Can I substitute the graham cracker crust with a different type of crust?
Yes, you can use a different type of cookie or even a pastry crust if you prefer.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the crust and filling separately and refrigerate them for up to 24 hours before assembling and baking the cheesecake.
Our Lemon Yogurt Cheesecake recipe is the perfect addition to your spring and summer dessert menu. With its tangy lemon flavor, creamy yogurt texture, and crunchy graham cracker crust, it’s sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
And with its easy-to-follow instructions and versatile pairing options, it’s a great choice for any occasion. So why wait? Give it a try today and enjoy the refreshing taste of spring and summer in every bite!Please share, thank you!