Hello, my kitchen rockstars! How about embarking on a delicious culinary adventure that’ll tantalize both your palate and your kitchen skills? Yes, we are diving into the magic of marinade with a taste-bud-teasing Lemon Chicken recipe!
Imagine this: The kitchen is a symphony of tantalizing scents, as the tangy aroma of fresh lemons infuses the air and succulent chicken sizzles to perfection on the grill. Fresh herbs pirouette in your pan, releasing their captivating fragrance and enhancing the culinary experience.
The texture of the chicken is a masterpiece of balance – a delightfully crispy exterior gives way to a tender, juicy interior that practically melts in your mouth. As you savor a bite, the harmonious blend of lemony zest and savory chicken creates a symphony of flavors that is truly unforgettable.
Salivating already? Wait until you try this at home! Now let’s roll up our sleeves and get ready to rock the marinade in this easy, zesty, and delicious Lemon Chicken recipe.
Lemon Chicken recipe
- Large skillet or Dutch oven
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Tongs or skewers (optional)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mashed potatoes optional
- 1 cup steamed broccoli optional
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet and let it melt.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the cooked chicken back into the skillet and spoon some of the lemon butter sauce over the top of each breast.
- Cover the skillet and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is fully coated.
- Serve the chicken with a side of mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli, if desired.
You’ll be rewarded with a platter of gorgeous, golden-brown, juicy chunks of chicken, soaked in a zesty lemon marinade. The tantalizing aroma, the beautiful color, the succulent bite – it’s pure bliss in every mouthful.
Can I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts?
Yes, you can! Chicken thighs have a higher fat content, which will make the dish even more tender and juicy.
Can I substitute the rosemary and thyme with other herbs?
Yes, you can! Feel free to experiment with different herbs like parsley, basil, or oregano to give the dish a unique flavor.
Can I make the mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli ahead of time?
Yes, you can! Simply cook the potatoes and broccoli in advance and reheat them when you’re ready to serve.