Indulge in the delightful combination of matcha green tea and chewy tapioca pearls with this refreshing Matcha Bubble Tea recipe.
Whether you’re already a fan of matcha or looking to explore new flavors, this drink is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
The vibrant green color and rich, earthy flavor of matcha perfectly complement the sweetness of milk and the chewiness of tapioca pearls.
Treat yourself to a homemade Matcha Bubble Tea that is easy to make and bursting with flavor!
Matcha Bubble Tea Recipe
- Bubble tea straws or large straws
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 2 cups milk dairy or plant-based
- 2 tablespoons honey or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup tapioca pearls
- 2 cups water
- Ice cubes
- In a blender, combine the matcha green tea powder, milk, and honey. Blend until the mixture is smooth and frothy.
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the tapioca pearls and cook according to the package instructions. Usually, this involves boiling for about 5-7 minutes, then simmering for an additional 5-7 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Once the tapioca pearls are cooked, drain and rinse them under cold water. Set aside.
- Fill two glasses with ice cubes.
- Divide the matcha mixture equally between the glasses, pouring it over the ice.
- Add the cooked tapioca pearls to each glass.
- Stir gently to combine the ingredients.
- Insert bubble tea straws or large straws into the glasses.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Can I use a different type of sweetener?
Yes, you can substitute honey with maple syrup, agave nectar, or any other sweetener of your choice.
Can I make this recipe without tapioca pearls?
Absolutely! If you prefer a smoother texture, you can omit the tapioca pearls or replace them with fruit jelly or popping boba.