Basic Pickling Brine
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup water
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp salt
- Combine all ingredients into medium saucepan.
- Heat to a boil until salt and sugar is dissolved.
Tip: Sterilize your jars before using. You can find some videos on youtube on that process.
Quick Pickled Jalapenos
15-20 jalapenos cut into coins
2 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
2 Cups basic pickling brine
- Make pickling brine and bring to a boil (as described in step 1).
- Once sugar and salt are dissolved, add garlic and jalapenos and press to submerge.
- Removed from heat and let sit for 10-15 mins.
- Using tongs put jalapenos into jars and pour pickling liquid over top and let cool to room temp.
- Secure with lid and keep in fridge.