Yield: 3 – 4 servings
Equipment: oven, measuring spoons, baking tray, grill, knife, bowl
- 1 ciabatta, loaf
- 1 teaspoon fennel, seeds
- sprigs of oregano, fresh or dried
- 1 tablespoon small capers
- fresh basil
- 6 jarred red peppers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 vines cherry tomatoes
- red wine vinegar
- Tear the ciabatta into small 2cm pieces.
- Put into a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and toss with the fennel seeds, the oregano and a pinch of salt.
- Mix so that the bread is coated then put under a high grill for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Roughly chop together the capers with some of the basil leaves and the jarred peppers.
- Crush over the garlic cloves or chop finely.
- Add all of the tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- Put into a large bowl with a splash of red wine vinegar, a good drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the ciabatta.
- Toss and gently squeeze the whole mixture together with your hands.
- Top with the rest of the basil leaves and finely grated parmesan to serve.
- Serve a generous portion and enjoy.