By: Christopher Terpstra
- 5 kg Pork trim
- 2 kg Hard pork fat
- 50 g Fresh chopped rosemary
- 50 g Fresh Garlic
- 10 g Toasted cracked black peppercorn
- 3 L Pork Stock
- 1 L White wine
- 500 g max Mild Salami scraps
- Salt to taste – season throughout cooking process
- 2 Spanish Onions
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1/2 Head celery
- Meat grinder
- Large rondo (a wide shallow pot)
- Wood spoon
- Hotel pan
- Tin foil
- Oven set to 300ºF
- Mix your meat, fat and garlic.
- Start to brown your meat in the rondo.
- Place browned meat in large deep hotel pan.
- Finely chop the rosemary and blitz the vegetables in the food processor until fine.
- Add vegetables to rondo and sweat with some more olive oil.
- De-glaze with white wine and reduce by half, then stock.
- Add everything to the rondo and mix thoroughly, make sure all the meat is covered well with stock and wine.
- Cover with tin foil, poke a couple holes in the top and place in a 300ºF oven for at least 4 hours.
- Check at the 2 hour mark to see if more liquid needs to be added, add some water if necessary.
- Remove from oven taste for salt, pepper and rosemary, add more stock if needed.
Eat with a thick chewy noodle like Pict, Spaghetti, or Bucatini.Please share, thank you!